As you may or may not know, Regular Show is a really, really risque show. It's rated PG, and it's pretty obvious. Unfortunately, Cartoon Network in the UK are not as relaxed as CN US are, and a number of cuts have been made to Regular Show there (in the UK, that is). Since I live in the UK, and I have a tendency to rant on about censorship (and also have a decent amount of spare time on my hands), I figured I may as well make a page explaining what was cut or censored from Regular Show in the UK. (Also, the edits made to Over the Top pissed me off so much that I wanted to rant about them some more :p)
Please note; I can only note if an episode has been censored or not if it has already aired in the UK. Please do not send me emails asking if something was cut from [insert episode name here]; I'm not psychic, so obviously I have no way of knowing if an episode has been censored before it is shown. Additionally, please do not send me emails asking why something was cut - I don't work for Cartoon Network, I'm just a fan who made a little webpage, and obviously don't know why something was cut (aside from the fact that Regular Show usually airs at like 5 pm over here and the part that was censored was probably too risque for CN's tastes).
However, if I haven't listed an edit that you're sure was made, please email me and let me know; as soon as I've made sure that it definitely has been edited, I'll put it up asap :).
Finally, keep in mind that I am not getting paid to edit this page, so please, for the love of God, don't email me saying "there was an edit in today's episode, why isn't it up??" or similar. It'll be up as soon as I get round to adding it, so don't bug me about updates, please.
Now, on with the show!
- All swearing has been censored (with the exception of 'fricking' from The Night Owl.. whiiich isn't exactly a swear, but hey, close enough) - 'crap' is consistently changed to 'crud' (save for Ello Gov'nor; see below), and 'pissed' is changed to.. well, pretty much whatever the censors feel like at the moment, I guess :P. But yeah, unless otherwise noted, you can assume that all swearing has been censored :B.
- Also, for some reason, CN UK have an issue with the word 'moron' (wtf CN?), which has been consistently changed to 'idiot' (save for Really Real Wrestling, in which it was changed to 'dummy'). No, I don't know why. (
It was let past in the Adventure Time episode "Her Parents", btw; the censors aren't that consistent, I guess :P Never mind, that's been censored recently, too :/ It was good while it lasted..) I won't be noting when this happens, since it's been consistent so far (if they let it past later on, I'll note that).
- I'm not sure if this is actually an edit, but I figured I'd note it just in case. Now, I've only personally noticed this with season one, but it's possible it happens in the other seasons, too. But anyway, some instrumental bits (background music, etc) sound slightly different in the UK version than they do originally. My guess is that either it's my TV, some weird result of the NTSC -> PAL conversion, or that it was deliberate, to compensate for the edits. Nothing too major (it's only really noticeable if you listen to both US and UK versions at the same time, or if you've watched one version loads of times), but I figured I'd note it anyway.
- Okay, as you'll see below, they aired season one all out of order (mostly; they did air "Mordecai and the Rigbys" last). However, season two was aired mostly in order (except for one or two cases where they switched eps; for example, "The Night Owl" was shown before "Over the Top", despite "Over the Top" airing first in the US). Season three has also been shown mostly in order, save for two episodes ("Skips vs. Technology" and "Video Game Wizards") that were mysteriously shown WAY out-of-order (my theory for the reason behind this can be seen in the section for "Video Game Wizards"). However, things went awry after those two episodes aired, with some episodes airing MUCH later than they should have done (i.e. "Big Winner"). I'm guessing this is the aftermath of them showing "Skips vs. Technology" and "Video Game Wizards" out-of-order without properly planning for it x) But yeah, keep that in mind as you look at the airdates C:.
Any dates listed are in day-month-year format. Also, please note that I didn't watch most of the first season on its first runthrough, so I unfortunately don't know when most of them aired [other than 'throughout March and April 2011']. If anyone knows for *sure* the original airdates of these eps, feel free to email me :).
The Power - season one, episode one (original airdate: 02/03/11?)
- The first edit of the series~ "Now, how in the 'H' are we going to fix this 'S'?" was changed to "Now how in the 'H' are we going to fix this hole?". It's worth noting that the way the line is delivered in the UK is totally different, it's more casual, whereas the US line places more emphasis on "how in the 'H'..", if that makes sense. Just something I noticed :P
- Okay, this'll be an awkward one to explain :p Right, the Wizard taking a leak in the bushes was.. SORTA censored. First off, the music that plays when they transition in and out of the flashback (if that makes sense) was slightly different in the UK. Nothing too major (like I said under 'general edits', it's only noticeable when listening to both US and UK versions at the same time), just enough to be noticeable. The unzipping noises were left in.. sorta. I think they were redone for the UK, since it's *very* noticeable originally, but you pretty much need headphones to hear them in the UK version. But they are there. Additionally, the Wizard's breathing out was redubbed, and a few seconds were shaved off the scene (and, y'know, the, uh, pissing sounds were cut, too. >.>). I have NO idea why they bothered to edit this, you can still tell what's going on in the UK version, so it's kind of pointless.. (Hell, the censored version sounds *more* risque, if you ask me) A similar edit was later made to the Adventure Time ep "Marceline's Closet", for the record. All in all, about 5-6 seconds were cut from the UK version. (Man, all this text for such a short scene.. :p)
- The music that plays when Rigby plays The Power for the first time is slightly different in the UK version, probably because of the above cuts. Again, nothing major, just enough to be noticeable.
- The infamous line "Don't look at our crotches while we synchronize our watches" was cut.
- 'Pissed' was changed to 'miffed' ("But he's gonna be miffed!"), and 'crap' was changed to 'crud', of course. Other than that, the episode was intact. Whoo!
Just Set Up The Chairs - season one, episode two (original airdate: 02/03/11?)
- Just a note - originally, this episode was shown in the UK sans title screen. However, as of 25/10/11, reruns of this ep include the title screen. It's not an edit (I'm assuming they didn't have the title screen or something), but I figured I'd note it down anyway, for interest's sake 'n all.
- It's pretty obvious what's been censored here, isn't it..? Rigby's line, "Benson's gonna drop his balls when he sees how good we set up these chairs!" was censored; 'balls' was changed to 'gumballs'. Yes, this does make the line extremely repetitive, but hey, that's the way it goes, I guess. -shrug-
Caffeinated Concert Tickets - season one, episode three (original airdate: ??)
- This is one of the.. spicier episodes, shall we say, so naturally it got a few cuts made. However, this is also kind of a notable episode, since CN UK have shown FOUR different versions of it so far! Originally, this episode was shown without the title screen, probably due to them being provided with an odd version of the episode or something. Reruns from 14/06/11 onwards included the title screen, and also ended a few seconds later than the original version (the one without the title screen). This is most likely because this ep has different credits music (the Fist Pump music continues onto the credits); I'm guessing CN UK had to cut the credits out themselves or something. However, from 25/10/11 onwards, CN UK started including some of the credits for this episode whenever they showed it. (Not *all* of the credits, though; see below for details) This continued until 11/11/12, a full year later, when they unexpectedly put one of the previously censored lines back in (see below for further details). This fourth version has the title screen intact, but no credits. (Just to clarify, none of these versions were shown interchangeably.. once they changed something with the ep, that was the version they'd run. If that makes sense.) Some episodes just have all the problems ;). (If that made little to no sense, here's a briefer explanation of the different 'versions' of this ep shown in the UK. :B)
- As mentioned above, like "Just Set Up The Chairs", this episode was originally aired without the title screen. This was eventually fixed. Not really an edit, but I figured I'd list it anyways.
- The first edit in this episode is.. well, it's not what you're expecting, let me just say that. The line "..And ready to rock your 11-15 year old pants off!" was changed to "..And ready to rock your 11-15 year old jeans off!". No, really. Wonder what CN UK'd do with Spongebob Squarepants.. (As a note, this is, afaik, the only time that 'pants' has been edited out; I guess the censors got bored or something o3o) And before you ask, yes, they did leave the 'jail and rehab' line in. Heh.
- Also in that scene.. how to explain this.. okay, you know the "They just got out of jail! And rehab!" line? Well in the original, when they say "jail" and "rehab", there's a kind of 'whooshing' sound as those two words appear on screen. Does that make sense? If you've seen the ep, you'll prolly know what I mean. WELL ANYWAY, for whatever reason, those 'whooshing' noises (it's the best way I can think of to describe it XD) are cut from the UK version of this ep. ??? I'm guessing this was a 'side-effect' of the above cut? and not a deliberate edit? Of course, with CN UK, you never know :p.
- Okay, /now/ onto the cuts that actually make sense (not that I /want/ Regular Show to be censored, mind. I'm just saying that this cut isn't a completely pointless one :B). Rigby's line, "I can't believe you're going to a Fist Pump concert just for some lady pecs" was cut. UPDATE: This line was put back into the episode starting 11/11/12 (well, that's when I first noticed it, anyways).
- Similarly, the later line "You're lucky I care about lady pecs" was cut. Update: Like the above bit, this scene was also sort of uncensored starting 11/11/12. Sort of. The line itself was still cut (why is it okay to have the above line in, but not this line? o_O;), but it is now less cut. I'm not really sure how to explain this quickly, so here's what I'm gonna do. I'm going to describe the scene, and put the parts that were cut in the original airing of this episode in italics. Here goes: Rigby falls asleep on the ground. Mordecai watches him for a few seconds, then says the 'lady pecs' line. There's then a 'screen wipe' kind of scene changer (don't know how else to describe it). Originally in the UK, that scene just cut abruptly from the shot of Rigby asleep on the ground, to the next scene, with no scene changer or anything. However, in the current UK version of this ep, they kept in the "Mordecai watching Rigby for a few seconds" bit, as well as the screen wipe. This makes me wonder if they were going to put this line back in, then chickened out at the last minute.. hm.. Either way, it's just another oddity of the UK 'dub'. ;)
- This is another 'not really an /edit/ edit but I thought I'd list it anyway' thing; as mentioned above, reruns of this episode between 25/10/11 and 11/11/12 (or thereabouts) included the credits. However, they were slightly cut down (probably for time, or to make sure people didn't think it was over and change the channel :P). Current reruns of this episode do not include any part of the credits. But yeah, I just wanted to note that :B
Death Punchies - season one, episode four (original airdate: 10/03/11?)
- "My pepperonis are roastin' down here!" was changed to "My chest hairs are roastin' down here!". Close enough, I suppose..
- Okay, um, this one might take a bit of explaining (as I suck at explaining things), so bear with me. The part of the flashback montage (the montage that starts after Rigby's line "I don't care! I'm sick of you always winning!") that shows Mordecai kicking Rigby in the crotch was censored; they took the scene of Mordecai punching Rigby from the beginning of the episode and put that in the offending scene's place. Here, have a comparison (eee, first comparison pic! 8D ..Not that that's really a good thing, tho.): That looks kinda painful..
Free Cake - season one, episode five (original airdate: ??)
- "Benson's gonna be pissed" was changed to "Benson's gonna go ballistic". Meh, flame me if you want, but I kinda like the censored line better. Still wish it hadn't been censored, 'course, but oh well.
- Probably the most blatant edit so far.. the 'naked party' scene was cut down. What they did was.. they cut the part with the unzipping sounds (they didn't just like, mute that part, it was cut.), as well as everything after "Skips is gonna be so surprised". I liked that line, too :(.
Meat Your Maker - season one, episode six (original airdate: 16/03/11?)
- 'Pissed' was changed to 'ticked' ("You ticked me off.")
- A fairly weird edit here. Rigby's line "While you were dead, I found these talking hot dogs.." was changed to "While you were unconscious, I found these talking hot dogs.." (etc). I can kinda see why they did this, but /still/... (Unfortunately, this wasn't the last time they censored death.)
Grilled Cheese Deluxe - season one, episode seven (original airdate: 06/04/11)
- Most of the "ostrich thing with the balls" video was cut; the UK version cut off after the ostrich swung the bat. Yeah, they cut the punchline -_- This one really confused me when I first saw it (before I found out that it had been censored). Oh well.
The Unicorns Have Got To Go - season one, episode eight (original airdate: ??)
- The unicorns' "lady flashbacks" (everything between the lines "We know all about the ladies~" and "Actually, that would be pretty awesome, guys") were cut. Kind of amusing, really, since it's one of the cleanest things in the episode and yet was the only thing cut :P Not that I'm complaining, of course.
Prank Callers - season one, episode nine (original airdate: 10/03/11?)
- Aside from the 'crap' to 'crud' thing (which is pretty commonplace by now), no edits were made to this episode afaik :o.
Don - season one, episode ten (original airdate: ??)
- 'Freaking' was changed to 'stupid' ("I don't want your stupid sugar!").
Rigby's Body - season one, episode eleven (original airdate: 16/03/11?)
- Infamously, 'turds' was changed to 'planks'. 'Planks' is apparently a British insult (according to my mum, it's basically a way of calling someone stupid - i.e, 'as thick as a plank of wood'). This also confused me when I first saw it, haha.
Mordecai and the Rigbys - season one, episode twelve (original airdate: 06/04/11)
- Aside from the usual 'crap' to 'crud' edit, no edits were made to this episode. Unless, you know, I missed one or something.
Ello Gov'nor - season two, episode one (original airdate: 13/04/11)
- I noticed this a while ago, just wasn't sure whether or not to put it up.. on the first airing, this episode was slightly zoomed in. Why? Who knows; my guess is a problem with the videos or something. This was fixed in subsequent airings. Doors! ..yeah, I've got nothin'. (Once again, my apologies for the less than stellar photos.. my new TV isn't very good for taking photos like this ^^;;)
- Pretty small edit here; "friggin'" was changed to "flippin'" - as in, "You're screaming like a flippin' maniac!" Eh, close enough.
- "Holy crap, it's real!" was creatively changed to "Oh man, dude, it's real!". Maybe they got bored of 'crud'? :P
It's Time - season two, episode two (original airdate: 13/04/11)
- Another pointless edit.. the clip of Pajama Sisters 2 that's shown (in the "Looks like Pajama Sisters 2 is bombing~!" scene) is cut o_o; Everything else is left intact, though.
Appreciation Day - season two, episode three (original airdate: 20/04/11)
- No cuts! Whoo.
Peeps - season two, episode four (original airdate: 20/04/11)
- No cuts here, either. Well, that I'm aware of, anyways.
Dizzy - season two, episode five (original airdate: 02/05/11)
- Yep, this was shown uncut, too. Not that there was anything to censor anyways.
My Mom - season two, episode six (original airdate: 02/05/11)
- 'Turd' was changed to 'plank' again.
High Score - season two, episode seven (original airdate: 30/05/11)
- No cuts (afaik), but as a side note, 'turd' was left 100% intact! :o Go Cartoon Network!
Rage Against The TV - season two, episode eight (original airdate: 03/06/11)
- This one got through uncut, too. I hope you like hearing that, btw; CN UK were a bit more lax with season two (much to my - and everyone's, I'd assume - pleasure :3).
Party Pete - season two, episode nine (original airdate: 07/09/11)
- Okay, they weren't that lax, I guess. I missed this one for a bit.. Party Pete's crotch thrusting (also known as humping) when he showed up at the door was edited, and replaced with a shot of his foot tapping. I think this is the first animation edit, and it's not the last, either. However, despite this, Party Pete pretty much humping those girls later on in the ep was kept intact. Lawl. Okay, so I can see why they cut this..
- Also, Muscle Man's line "It takes guests with breasts, and mine don't count" was censored to "It takes guests with chicks, and my mom doesn't count". I pretty much expected that line to be cut/censored, though, so it wasn't really surprising. -shrug-
Brain Eraser - season two, episode ten (original airdate: 14/09/11)
- Amazingly, this episode - despite being the most risque episode of the series so far (at least in my opinion) - was shown one hundred percent uncut. Not only that, but it hasn't been censored in subsequent reruns, either! Bravo, CN :D.
Benson Be Gone - season two, episode eleven (original airdate: 07/09/11)
- This episode isn't really risque or anything, so naturally it came over uncensored.
But I Have A Receipt - season two, episode twelve (original airdate: 14/09/11)
- Also uncensored. Like I said, CN UK have been a bit more relaxed with season two (so far).
This Is My Jam - season two, episode thirteen (original airdate: 21/09/11)
- Also uncut! It's a nice change to be able to watch Regular Show uncut without resorting to YouTube :).
Muscle Woman - season two, episode fourteen (original airdate: 21/09/11)
- Yep, this one didn't get censored, either.
Temp Check - season two, episode fifteen (original airdate: 28/09/11)
- Another weird/mostly pointless edit.. the part where the random guy played a harmonica with his.. sitting muscle (I love Flapjack XD) was COMPLETELY reanimated; in the UK version, he sticks two kazoos up his nose (..wouldn't that hurt a lot?) and starts playing them. Wtf, CN? It was a well-done edit, to be fair (and hey, at least they kept it weird, right?), but.. seriously? >_< Gah. Here's a comparison shot: Kazoos up the nose, the leading cause of nasal blockages everywhere.
- I dunno if anything else was edited, since I don't really like this episode (no offense if -you- like it, but it's just not my cup of tea, so to speak), and thus haven't seen most of the UK airing of it. SO IF THEY DID EDIT ANYTHING ELSE (I doubt it, since it's really tame), please let me know C:.
Jinx - season two, episode sixteen (original airdate: 28/09/11)
- I can never remember the name of this episode (I always think it's "Jinxed" XD). Anyway, it wasn't censored for the UK.
See You There - season two, episode seventeen (original airdate: 05/10/11)
- No edits were made.
Do Me A Solid - season two, episode eighteen (original airdate: 05/10/11)
- No edits were made.
Grave Sights - season two, episode nineteen (original airdate: 12/10/11)
- No edits were made.
Really Real Wrestling - season two, episode twenty (original airdate: 12/10/11)
- No edits were made. Enjoy it while you can, because the next ep got censored quite a bit D:.
Over The Top - season two, episode twenty-one (original airdate: 19/10/11)
- This episode is quite possibly the most censored so far. The first 30 or so seconds were COMPLETELY CUT, making the episode EXTREMELY disjointed and confusing. Instead, it cut right to the scene in McHooligan's..
- ..which was also censored. The exterior shot of McHooligan's itself was edited, to remove the name 'McHooligan's' from the wall and on the door. Here, have a comparison shot: Never seen a bar that doesn't have it's name on the building..
- Muscle Man's line "McHooligan's, round two!" was hilariously and randomly changed to "Family restaurant, round two!". However, the mention of drink tickets were left in, which kinda misses the point, really :P.
- Also, High Five Ghost's line /after/ that ("Shotgun!") was cut.. I dunno why, maybe CN UK took it literally or something.. -shrug- (Thanks to Calvin Wong for telling me what he said ;) since I couldn't tell, heh)
- I hate it when I think 'oh, thank god no more edits were made' and then find another one. Death spitting in Rigby's mouth was edited; it was changed to a (new) shot of him firing a laser at Rigby. (I previously said this was an edited version of an earlier scene, but looking at it again, that's not the case ^^;) The shot after that (of the spit going in Rigby's mouth.. ew) was also cut. ..Here's a comparison shot: You've gotta love the cheesy lens flare -sigh- Stupid cuts.. This one's particularly stupid, since they haven't edited spitting out of any other shows (as far as I know). Maybe it was too 'germy' for CN UK's taste or something, I dunno.
The Night Owl - season two, episode twenty-two (original airdate: 19/10/11)
- Missed this one the first time round.. Muscle Man's line "I can't wait to shove my key into that sweet piece!" was censored to.. something about donuts. It's hard to tell, it's a really quick line.. I think it was something like "I can't wait to peel donuts in that sweet piece!". Which, yeah, makes no sense, but that's the way it goes, I guess. -shrug- Come on, CN, was the line really that offensive? I know it sounds kinda risque, but honestly..
- Despite the above edit, I'm almost entirely sure that nothing else was cut (so yeah, 'fricking' was kept in). Whee.
A Bunch Of Baby Ducks - season two, episode twenty-three (original airdate: 25/10/11)
- No cuts were made, afaik. Kind of refreshing after last week's fiasco.
More Smarter - season two, episode twenty-four (original airdate: 25/01/11)
- Unless I'm much mistaken, no edits were made to this episode either~.
First Day - season two, episode twenty-five (original airdate: 05/11/11?; probably aired as part of an Adventure Time/Regular Show marathon)
- Now that I've seen this ep, I can confirm that there were no edits made to it! :D Whee. (Well, I didn't think there _would_ be - it's pretty tame - but you never know, right?)
Go Viral - season two, episode twenty-six (original airdate: 06/11/11; aired as part of an Adventure Time/RS marathon)
- No cuts/edits here, either! Whoo.
Skunked - season two, episode twenty-seven (original airdate: 19/11/11; aired as part of an The Amazing World of Gumball/RS marathon)
- Pretty sure there weren't any edits in this episode :D.
Karaoke Video - season two, episode twenty-eight (original airdate: 20/11/11; aired as part of a Gumball/RS marathon)
- No edits! :D I was kinda worried about this episode after Over the Top (since, y'know, Mordecai and Rigby are totally drunk in that one scene :P), so I was glad to see it made it through uncut. Maybe CN UK just have a problem with (implied) bars/pubs. -shrug-
Stick Hockey - season three, episode one (original airdate: 02/07/12; see below for more details)
- No edits :D However, there *is* a bit of an.. interesting story behind this ep in the UK, I suppose you could say. CN started airing adverts for new Regular Show (+ Adventure Time and Mr Bean) episodes on June 4th, claiming there would be new eps every Monday (as part of their 'Meaty Mondays' block), starting June 11th. However, they continued to air reruns of season 1 and 2 episodes until July 2nd, after they had actually made a NEW advert which *didn't* advertise Regular Show! (Well, it advertised RS. Just didn't advertise *new* RS eps) So yeah, it took a good 3-4 weeks for this ep to finally be shown over here. I was worried they were taking that time to, idk, chop the episode up Over the Top-style XD so it's good to see it made it over uncut.
Bet to be Blonde - season three, episode two (original airdate: 09/07/12)
- No cuts :) Not that there was anything to cut in the first place, heh.
Skips Strikes - season three, episode three (original airdate: 16/07/12)
- Again, no cuts. Wonder how long they'll keep this up for..
Terror Tales of the Park - season three, episode four (original airdate: 23/07/12 for "Creepy Doll" and "Death Metal Crash Pit", 31/10/12 for "In The House")
Creepy Doll / Death Metal Crash Pit
- Okay, this surprised me.. I *really* thought they'd save this episode for, y'know, Halloween, but no, they aired it. However, they only aired the first two parts -_- I'm guessing we won't see "In the House" over here until Halloween. Annoying, but what can ya do. Anyway, in the way of edits, there was only one that I noticed: they didn't show the "Terror Tales of the Park" title screen. They *did* show the title screens for "Creepy Doll" and "Death Metal Crash Pit", just not the title screen for the whole special. I'm guessing this is due to it being an out-of-season airing. Update 31/10/12: They showed the entire special today, so it does indeed appear that the title screen (and possibly "In The House") is only going to be shown on Halloween. Makes sense. Meanwhile, the first two shorts of this ep have been airing semi-regularly since July. If you were wondering ;).
In The House
- Okay first off, as you'll notice, this episode aired WAY after the others. My theory is that CN UK doesn't mind showing Halloween eps out of season, unless they actually say 'Halloween' in them. Since the beginning of this ep explicitly takes place on Halloween, I think they're only going to show it on, well, Halloween. But again, that's just a theory, I don't know for sure that that's what's going to happen. Update 05/05/13: Yep, looks like I was right - as far as I know, "In The House" has only ever aired over here twice (on Halloween 2012). I doubt this is because of how censored it was, it's prolly because they want to avoid airing it out of season.
- Right, edits! As I expected, this episode was censored quite a bit. I must say though, it fared a LOT better than I expected (I was anticipating another 'Over the Top' ^_~). Basically, anything 'too' explicit was cut, and just the 'general idea' was kept, if that makes sense. These cuts are really specific - so much so that instead of explain myself to death here (so to speak), I decided to transcribe the scenes that were censored, and explain in detail what was cut. So if you'd like to read that transcript, go here. Everything below is a shorter explanation of what was cut - if you want 'blow-by-blow' detail, read the transcript. :)
- First off, the 'skinned Muscle Man' scene was cut, like I figured it would be. How they did it was.. after Muscle Man was dragged off into the trees, they cut to the scene of Mordecai rushing over to Skips and Fives, and then everything between Benson's line "What are we gonna do then?" and the close-up of the phone ringing was cut. Lol, I wonder what they'll do with the flashback to this scene in "Exit 9B".
- Okay, I'm not sure how to explain this.. You know the scene where High Five Ghost is sucked into the phone, and all this white ectoplasm-type stuff flies everywhere? Well in the UK version, this scene went a little differently ^_~ Everything between Fives getting sucked into the phone and Benson and Pops freaking out about it was cut, including the shot of Skips and Mordecai getting covered in the ectoplasm stuff. My guess is either they felt this was 'too much', or they thought the ectoplasm looked like... other stuff. -cough- (Hey, I can't be the only person who was thinking it!) However, the part where Fives' remains slowly leak out of the phone (as well as his line "Worst phone call ever") was kept in. Again, a fairly well-done edit. I'm just glad they kept all the deaths in.
- The scene right after that, where Mordecai gets thrown into the bookcase, was cut, probably because the scene where he's actually hit is also the scene where he's covered in ectoplasm or w/e.
- I missed this one until quite recently.. Okay, you know the scene where Pops gets killed? His lines in that scene, "S-show yourself.. /Bad/ show.. Very bad show...." were cut; the UK ver goes from Benson's death-scene to Pops firing his slingshot at the bedroom door. I'm not sure why they cut this; my guess is that they felt it was too 'distressing' or something? Pops *did* sound pretty scared (understandably so :p) in this scene, so.. that's the only thing I can think of, heh.
- The later scene of Mordecai lying in front of the bookshelf, and then getting up, was cut down; they just cut to Mordecai running. Basically, they just cut right to his line, "I won't let anything happen to you!" The only thing is.. at the beginning of that line, you can still see the scattered books on the floor - this was left in the UK version, heh. I guess they figured it wasn't worth editing the animation or anything just for some books.
Camping Can Be Cool - season three, episode five (original airdate: 24/07/12)
- No edits~ I'm really happy that they seem to be airing new episodes all this week, it's been a while since they've done something like this ^^.
Slam Dunk - season three, episode six (original airdate: 25/07/12)
- Here we go, the first edit of season three! (well, airdate wise anyways, since this one aired months before "In The House") The infamous "Margaret's ass" scene was edited; they kept in her "Hey, Mordecai~" line and the close-up of her (which surprised me, since WOAH CLEAVAGE), but the shot of her on the bike was reanimated to make it.. less fanservice-y, I guess. (in the US version all we could see was her butt; in the UK ver, she actually turned her head at one point) To be honest, I'm surprised they kept the idea of Mordecai perving over Margaret at all, so points to them for that, at least. One interesting thing is that in the UK version, the background is coloured as if it was sunset, which makes it pretty obvious that it's censored since it goes from ~bright sunshine~ to sunset colours, ahah. Here's a comparison pic: At least she has tailfeathers in the UK version, right? NEW: You really need to see this edit 'in action', so I put together a little animated gif of it! It's a little choppy, but it's better than nothing :B It's not quite as fast as this in the episode itself (Just a note - the sky is *not* all pixelly like that in the ep itself, that was just an unfortunate side-effect of the program I used to animate it, thus why I included a screenshot of the scene as well, so you could see what it *actually* looks like :P)
Cool Bikes - season three, episode seven (original airdate: 26/07/12)
- No edits ^^.
House Rules - season three, episode eight (original airdate: 02/08/12)
- No edits C:
Rap It Up - season three, episode nine (original airdate: 01/08/12)
- No edits~
Cruisin' - season three, episode ten (original airdate: 03/09/12)
- No edits! Whoo. I missed updating this site :'D.
Under the Hood - season three, episode eleven (original airdate: 03/09/12)
- Once again, no edits! :D
Weekend at Benson's - season three, episode twelve (original airdate: 10/09/12)
- Still no edits~ Lol, I admit, I didn't think I'd ever see the "Mississippi Queen" montage over here.
Fortune Cookie - season three, episode thirteen (original airdate: 10/09/12)
- Also no edits. So yeah, they kept in all the talk of fanny packs, which sorta surprised me :o (Before I get email asking why that's surprising, 'fanny' means.. something else over here, let's say. -cough-)
Think Positive - season three, episode fourteen (original airdate: 17/09/12)
- No edits~~ :3
Skips vs. Technology - season three, episode fifteen (original airdate: 31/07/12)
- No edits, though they did air it waaayy out of order o_O; Something interesting, you know the weird "everyone disappears at 00:22 and 02:06" error in this ep? I dunno if it was fixed for the reruns in the US (I'm guessing it was), but it *was* fixed over here. Just figured I'd note that :3 (I thought we'd get the original version, haha).
Butt Dial - season three, episode sixteen (original airdate: 12/11/12)
- No edits afaik, though again, they aired this ep out of order (it was paired with "Replaced" over here). No big deal.
Eggscellent - season three, episode seventeen (original airdate: 24/09/12)
- Amazing as it seems, no edits! :O I was kind of concerned about this episode, heh.
Gut Model - season three, episode eighteen (original airdate: 05/11/12)
- Another 'not really an edit but I'm noting it anyway'; they didn't show the title screen on the initial airing. Whether or not this'll be fixed for the reruns remains to be seen, but it probably will be, like 'Caffeinated Concert Tickets' and 'Just Set Up The Chairs' were. Again, this isn't an edit, probably something just went wrong with the tapes, but I figured I'd note it anyways :P. Aside from that, I'm 99.9% sure the episode was completely edit free. Whee!
Video Game Wizards - season three, episode nineteen (original airdate: 30/07/12)
- No edits~ However, as you'll note, this ep was aired WAY out of order originally; it aired after Cool Bikes, which is really weird since CN UK usually doesn't do stuff like that o_O; (okay, they do switch the odd episode, and season-specific eps like, say, Christmas eps are usually saved until the appropriate season, but normal eps are generally shown mostly in order). My theory for this is that this and "Skips vs. Technology" were deliberately aired out-of-order, as a few weeks after those two aired over here, CN UK had a video games-themed weekend, which heavily featured this ep and "Skips vs. Technology". So I believe that these two episodes were aired early so they could be shown as part of that weekend, seems pretty logical to me. But again, this is just a theory, I could be totally wrong ^^;; I just figured it'd be an interesting thing to note, lol.
Big Winner - season three, episode twenty (original airdate: 11/02/13)
- No edits! It was aired waaay out of order, though, but that's nothing new really, heh.
The Best Burger In The World - season three, episode twenty-one (original airdate: 05/11/12)
- Aaaand no edits! Not really surprising, I don't think there's anything "questionable" in this episode anyways, lol.
Replaced - season three, episode twenty-two (original airdate: 12/11/12)
- No edits~ Again, this episode's pretty clean, so this isn't really surprising.
Trash Boat - season three, episode twenty-three (original airdate: 19/11/12)
- No edits, as expected.
Fists of Justice - season three, episode twenty-four (original airdate: 19/11/12)
- Aaand no edits here, either.
Yes Dude Yes - season three, episode twenty-five (original airdate: 26/11/12)
- No edits!
Busted Cart - season three, episode twenty-six (original airdate: 26/11/12)
- Still no edits. So nice to see so many unedited episodes.. Btw, if you're wondering, they did indeed leave the 'sobriety test' scene in, prolly cause it's really quick (heck, I didn't notice it the first time I saw it ^^;). Just to note.
Dead at Eight - season three, episode twenty-seven (original airdate: 04/02/13)
- "You get up there and put that kid to bed, or I'll haunt you turds for the rest of your life!" (er, I think that's the original line ^^;) was changed to "You get up there and put that plank to bed, or I'll haunt you planks for the rest of your life!". Okay, 'turd' getting edited out was a given, but why did they change 'kid'? o.o; Oh well, at least they didn't mess with any of the ~*death*~ stuff in this ep, I guess.
Access Denied - season three, episode twenty-eight (original airdate: 19/02/13)
- No edits~
Muscle Mentor - season three, episode twenty-nine (original airdate: 04/02/13)
- I'm reasonably confident that nothing was edited in this ep.
Trucker Hall of Fame - season three, episode thirty (original airdate: 11/02/13)
- Aaaand no edits. I kind of thought they'd do *something* with this ep since, y'know, CN UK and death, but nah, it was all kept. (I'm guessing the fact that Muscle Dad wasn't a previously established character [like Rigby, f'r example] helped :B)
Out Of Commission - season three, episode thirty-one (original airdate: 19/02/13)
- The 'car sex' scene was cut, which was fairly expected I think. Just one of those scenes where I watched it and thought 'this is amazing, but it'll never see a UK broadcast'. Because of this, the music for this ep's montage was slightly redone (again, nothing you'd notice unless you were watching the two eps side-by-side ^_~). I also believe that the montage was slightly slowed down in the UK version, because when I was watching this scene alongside the US version (yeah yeah, I know, I'm a dork :P), it was perfectly in sync until the montage music started. I'm guessing this was to accomodate the cut, so the episode would be the normal length. (Just to note, Cart's line "And to think, I've still never felt the delicate touch of a lady cart" was kept in the UK version, making it a weird non-sequitor of sorts in the censored version ^_~ And while we're on the subject, yes, the 'family restaurant' scene was left 100% intact over here.)
- Okay, I expected the last edit. I did NOT expect this one - heck, I don't think //anyone// did. THEY CHANGED THE FRICKIN' ENDING. Like I did with "Caffeinated Concert Tickets", what I'm going to do is explain how the scene went originally, and put the parts that were cut in italics. The ending originally goes: Benson says "We need you to bring the old cart back. I bet you two are glad to hear that! You know.. It wasn't such a bad old cart after all.". Mordecai and Rigby stare out at the ocean in silence, then Mordecai sighs and says "Let's go get it.", and the episode ends. Everything up to Mordecai's line was kept (for this scene, at least), but in the UK version, after a few seconds of Mordecai and Rigby staring in silence, Benson suddenly says "Mordecai and Rigby, did you get all that?" on the walkie-talkie (and then the ep ends). I have NO idea why they did this, the original scene was as innocent as could be! Congratulations CN, you've somehow managed to confuse the hell out of me. >___<.
Fancy Restaurant - season three, episode thirty-two (original airdate: 25/02/13)
- Preeetty sure this was 100% uncut.
Diary - season three, episode thirty-three (original airdate: 25/02/13)
- Hold onto your hats, folks, because it's another pointless edit. Okay, you know the "You're so whipped.." scene right at the beginning of this ep? Well, surprisingly (at least, it was surprising to /me/ :p), that was kept, except for one bit. Rigby's line, "Yeah right, you're whipped with a capital 'wa-pssh'!" (imitating a 'whiplash' sound) was inexplicably changed to "Yeah right, you're whipped with a capital 'wa-hizzit'!". First person to find logic in this edit gets $10. Go.
- Welp, I figured this one would be cut. Rigby's line, "Pff.. yeah, your friend /without/ benefits" was censored; the UK version of the line is "Yeah, your friend that'll never be more than a friend.." (yes, they cut the 'pff'). Lol, the UK version is kind of awkwardly wordy, not sure if that comes across in text. As a side note, I'm like 99% sure that the animation for this line was redone for the UK, so the lipflaps matched up. We've come a loong way from the first season, where the lipflaps were kept as-is (most obvious in "The Power").. not that that's really a good thing, though.. but hey, if they're going to censor it, might as well do it right, I guess.
The Best VHS in the World - season three, episode thirty-four (original airdate: 15/04/13)
- Okay, turns out this episode *was* censored after all (sigh..). Originally, the Video Shack Hut guy said the collection agency guys "broke thumbs", right? Yeah, apparently that was too much for the ~*delicate sensibilities*~ of English kids or something, so it was changed to "I hear those guys punch faces" over here. (The following lines, "We either return the video, pay a thousand dollars, or have our thumbs broken." "We don't have that kinda money! And I really enjoy my thumbs!!" were also censored accordingly, to "..or have our faces punched" and "..enjoy my face!", respectively) Actually, y'know, I kind of prefer the UK version.. 'Face punching' sounds more threatening than 'thumb breaking' to me.. I have no idea why :p As a note, unlike the other re-dubbed lines in this season, I believe the lipflaps for these lines were left as-is, so there was no 'new' animation for this episode. If that makes sense.
Prankless - season three, episode thirty-five (original airdate: 01/04/13)
- Heh, what an appropriate episode to show on April Fools Day. I wonder if they did that on purpose. Anyway, it wasn't edited! Yep, all the talk of death and such was left 100% intact.
Death Bear - season three, episode thirty-six (original airdate: 08/04/13)
- Yep, no edits here, either.
Fuzzy Dice - season three, episode thirty-seven (original airdate: 22/04/13)
- Okay yeah, so.. you know the scene where Benson's explaining how to play Skeeze Ballz? Well, that bit was censored for the UK airing :p Again, I'll describe the original scene, and what's in italics is what was censored over here: Benson, explaining how to play Skeeze Ballz: "The faster we go, the more chances to throw the balls we get. So I want everyone to line up, and when the balls drop.." Mordecai and Rigby exchange glances, and laugh. Benson sighs, facepalms, and says irritably, "When the game starts.. You throw and get back in line." Then there's a close-up of his face, and he says, "Now let's roll." I had a feeling they'd cut this, though, so it didn't surprise me much. -shrug-
Sugar Rush - season three, episode thirty-eight (original airdate: N/A)
- Episode hasn't aired yet. (I feel like I should clarify in case of mass hysteria - I'm paranoid of such things - I highly doubt this episode was ~*banned*~ over here, as a clip from this ep was used in an advert over here a while ago and both flashbacks to it were left in "Exit 9B" [I doubt that was an oversight or anything, given that another flashback in that ep was censored - and the Adventure Time ep "The Lich" was censored the same week, so clearly CN UK were on the ball that week or something :p]. I dunno why it still hasn't aired over here, prolly an oversight on CN UK's part or something. Idk.)
Bad Kiss - season three, episode thirty-nine (original airdate: 29/04/13)
- No edits~
Exit 9B - season four, episode one (original airdate: 29/05/13)
- Welp, I was pretty sure they'd edit this, and I was right :P (lol, I've been waiting *months* to see what they'd do with this scene) The flashback to "In the House" (as a refresher, it's a quick shot of !skinned!Muscle Man) was cut. Makes sense, since of course that scene was cut from "In The House" anyways. The UK airing replaced it with a shot of Muscle Man throwing a block (?) at the Devastation Nation guys, from "Death Metal Crash Pit". At least they're paying attention, I guess :B.
- Okay, this is.. odd. The "John Hancock" line was left in (to my surprise), but.. I dunno how to explain this. In the original scene, MM signs his name and then says the line right afterwards, right? Well, in the UK airing, there's a pause before the line.. the audio starts before the animation, so it's slightly out-of-sync for a second.. No idea what happened here, probably a glitch with the tape or something. Figured I'd note it anyways. :B
Starter Pack - season four, episode two (original airdate: N/A)
- Episode hasn't aired yet. (I wouldn't expect to see this ep until September, but hey, you never know! They could air it early or something! :B We'll just have to wait and see.)
More coming soon..?
Regular Show and all related things are the property of J.G. Quintel and Cartoon Network. I do not own Regular Show and am not claiming to, I'm just a fan who got bored. Please do not take text or images directly off this page without my permission for any reason - sorry, but it took a long time to type! ;)
Last update: 17 June 2013 (updated the section for "Caffeinated Concert Tickets")
Back to the main page